We are in 2016, and still there are many parts of India where government haven’t provided electricity yet. A future where India’s power needs are met by renewable energy sources will demand substantial alterations to the way that electricity is generated and distributed. The Solar electricity rates are around Rs 5.50 to Rs 7.50 per unit which very less as compared to the grid electricity rate Rs 10 to 15 and Diesel Generator Rs 15 – 18 per unit.
Advantages of Solar Energy
- Renewable Energy Source.
- Reduced electricity bills.
- Diverse application.
- Low maintenance cost as solar modules have 25+ years life.
- Technology developments may further reduces initial costs and electricity bills.
How Solar Power System Work?
Although solar is becoming more popular everyday people still don’t know how solar panels work. Certain competing energy concerns have campaigns to discredit and confused consumers on how solar energy is generated. There are many considerations in regards to solar and distinctions between residential and industrial, between being off the grid and connecting the grid. This simple guide will outline how Solar Panels Work. Here’s a quick “how solar panels work” guide to the steps that it takes to turn sunlight into electricity using solar panels:
- Every day, light hits your roof’s solar panels with photons (particles of sunlight).
- The panel converts those photons into electrons of direct current (“DC”) electricity. Naturally, the sunnier it is, the more energy is produced by the panels.
- Those produced electrons flow out of the panel and into an inverter and other electrical safety devices.
- The inverter converts that “DC” power into alternating current or “AC” power. AC power is the kind of electric juice that your elevision, computer, and toasters use when plugged into the wall outlet.
- A bi-directional meter keeps track of the all the power your solar system produces. Any solar energy that you don’t use immediately will go back into the grid through the meter. Then at night or on cloudy days, that extra solar juice is credited back to your bill. So, net metering is similar to having a virtual battery-back up system (we explain more about grid-tied solar home solar systems later).
- Some homes will store the energy created from solar panels with a battery, this is as common as connecting to the grid.
- Solar panels that can avoid shade, can maximize sun coverage will produce the most solar energy power.
- Solar Consultation & site Audit.
The process starts with your usage history and a quick conversation to see if solar is right for you. If so, we’ll prepare a comprehensive proposal with renderings, financing options and more.
- Sign Your Agreement & Let’s Get Started.
We have a simple agreement that accurately defines all of the equipment and the full scope of work so that there are no surprises or hidden fees. We offer the area’s longest workmanship warranty and your panels are guaranteed for 25 years.
- Solar System Design & Engineering.
As a full design-build electrical contractor we have the in-house talent to handle any challenge. Our experts will use CAD to customer design a system based on your home’s dimensions and assemble the permit submittal packet.
- System Installation & Commissioning.
Solar system installations only take a couple of days, but don’t worry; we don’t rush to complete jobs like the big national companies. Our own highly trained installers will walk you through the installation plan on day 1 and won’t leave until you’re completely satisfied with our work.
- System Monitoring & Support.
Once we pass inspection, the system is turned on and we teach you how to use the monitoring software to track production. You start enjoying the benefits of solar power and we stand ready to support you if there is ever a problem.